Sunday 21 October 2012

Chicken and Tomato Lasagne

OK so last nights dinner was chicken and tomato lasagne garlic roast new potatoes and side salad. Cooking for children is never easy and when I started writing the menus it was very good food but in my eyes basic, cottage pie and jelly!! When I put this on the menu the first time I could see they were expecting beef lasagne but the feed back was excellent and since then they have been pretty much open to trying anything.

So

Basic filling of diced chicken in a tomato and basil sauce.
White sauce flour butter and milk
And for the pasta

100g plain flour
1 egg
Drizzle of oil
Couple of pinches of salt

Mix the ingredients together til its like bread crumbs then start kneading, its hard work at first but the end result is wonderful, better than shop bought and dare I say a fraction of the price.
 I use this a lot perfect for taliatelle and ravioli.

No comments: