Sunday 11 November 2012

Cheeky Chicken Chasseur

OK so tomorrows lunch is chicken chasseur a bit of a classic and not exactly my normal menu choice but thought it would be a good idea to see what I can do with it. So the idea is to get whole chicken legs and half them so we have a drum and thigh each, I just think it looks nicer on the plate. I'm going to slow roast them on about 100c with sliced mushrooms diced banana shallots tarragon and white wine. I'm not expecting the chicken to colour much so I'm going to drain the juice and use that for the sauce. Once drained whack the heat to full and crisp the chicken, stick some chopped tomatoes in the juice kept from the chicken and reduce on the hob. Heap some rice in a bowl arrange the chicken drum and thigh on the rice then pour some sauce over. Lovely

No comments: