Thursday 17 October 2013

Back to the Food!!!

So im guessing you are probably bored of hearing about awards and nights out, so heres todays lunch.
Slow Roasted Belly Pork
Ok so I took 12 kilos of boned belly pork and slapped it in the oven on 150c for a good 4 hrs.
Because the belly is fatty it needs time to render out the fat making the meat more tender.
After it was cooked I squashed it flat with another tin and a very large can of beans and let it cool. We have a blast chill so its cold in less than 90 mins. This makes the belly more even.
I then cut it up to about 85 decent portions. 45 mins before service I smacked the oven up to 200c to crisp up the skin and heat up the meat. It only takes about 30 mins but I wanted 15 mins resting time.
All that was left to do was slice potatoes and onions and cook off some veggies.
Job done and less than £1 a plate
Enjoy!!

No comments: